Sometimes we may not realize when we are naturally developing into a routine that works. That can be good or bad depending on your situation. I have found that there are certain things that I like to do in my nighttime routine as I end my day. I wanted to share these habits with you because they have helped me unwind at the end of the day so I don’t feel as overwhelmed the next morning.
- Tea Time – I do like to have tea at night as a way to destress and just relax. After a long day, I know I want to be able to just chill out for a bit. You can make this such a great way to unwind by reading a good book, catching up on news or latest trends, browsing on social media (for a little). I find that this, as minor as it is, helps with calming my mind.
- Hot Shower – I personally don’t do a hot shower before bed, I usually take my showers in the morning after a quick workout. However, I have heard that this is another great way to calm your mind before bed. You can even throw some Epsom Salt to soothe your muscles and overall should feel much more relaxed. I have done this in the past when I was extremely overwhelmed and stressed and it has definitely helped me go to bed with a calm state of mind. If you’re dealing with long work hours, a hectic work schedule, or juggling multiple jobs – try this.
- Aromatherapy – I love doing this as a way to get ready for bed. I usually will take lavender, chamomile, and eucalyptus essential oils because those are all meant to help calm and de-stress. My oil diffuser will usually run the whole night and I have found that on the days where I struggle to fall asleep right away, this helps.
- Plan – Are you open-minded about planning for the next day? I know for me it just brings more clarity as to what are the most important tasks I am looking to accomplish. You can set 1-3 goals that are not such time-consuming tasks. You have to be realistic about what tasks you can complete. This way, when you do accomplish them, you have conquered your day. You can also batch tasks, for example, if you know you are behind on organizing different areas around the house, you can pick spots around the house that need that attention and dedicate time to getting that done. “Failing to plan, is planning to fail.”
- Hygiene – If you are like me, you are wearing some level of makeup every day. As much as I hate to take off my makeup if I’m tired, you have to do it. Your skin deserves and needs that break. I have gone to bed with makeup on and just regretted it the next morning. If you’re insanely tired, just take the few minutes to wash your face and moisturize, that’s it. But if you have the time, have a mini spa session. I have been enjoying this and my skin looks and feels better the next morning. It doesn’t take me 30 minutes to get it done and my skin is so much healthier if I take care of it.
I hope these habits help you with your nighttime routine! You don’t have to do implement all five habits. It’s really about testing out what resonates with you and helps you the most. Want to know how to have a solid morning routine? Check out my tips! Take Care!
All photos are courtesy of Pexels