Hey Thrivers! I wanted to share my favorite smoothie recipe to make in the morning. I find that it gives me the boost that I always need. I don’t get started on my daydream without having it first. This smoothie recipe will jumpstart your day and allow you to 1. Have something to look forward to in the morning, especially a yummy smoothie and 2. Is a great habit to implement and one of the easier habits to add on to your morning
My smoothie recipe has changed over the years and there may be things you want to switch around or add. Customize it to your needs. But this is the recipe I follow:
2 cups of Almond Milk (Sometimes I add in Regular Milk to thin it out since I find Almond Milk makes it a little thicker)
1 Tablespoon of Cacao Powder
1 Tablespoon of Maca Powder
2 Scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Powder
1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds
1 Tablespoon of Flax Seeds
1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter
Optional: 1 scoop of a protein powder of your choice
I have become so accustomed to this recipe that if I’m missing one ingredient I feel like it’s not the same thing!
I wanted to share the importance of some of the ingredients in this recipe. However, I’m not a nutritionist. Definitely do your own research, I had spent some time doing my own research before I decided to go with these ingredients and brands.
- Cacao Powder is the raw form of cocoa. It is not as chemically processed as cocoa powder and my main reason for taking this is because it helps to boost your energy. It is also known to be a good source of Iron, Magnesium, and Calcium.
- Maca Powder – I take the yellow Maca Powder because based off of my research, I have found that it is better suited for women, compared to the red one. Maca Powder is also known as a superfood just like Cacao Powder. My main reason for taking this is to help with balancing hormonal levels. It’s also known to help with increasing stamina, energy levels, and healthy brain function.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Powder – As we age, we lose collagen. Collagen helps to improve hair, skin, nails, joints, and ligaments, as well as tendon health. The brand I use is a popular brand that is known for its high-quality ingredients.
- Chia Seeds are a great source of protein, fiber, and omega-3s which are great for overall heart health.
- Flax Seeds are also a great source of omega 3s and fiber. They also have lignans which have both estrogen and antioxidant qualities.
- Peanut Butter – I’ll be honest. Sometimes I don’t get the best brand of peanut butter. Sometimes the easiest one to access is the Skippy brand but I definitely don’t recommend it because it is chemically processed. You will know that the peanut butter isn’t processed when the oils separate. Also if you look at the ingredients and it says hydrogenated – then that means it was processed. I take this mostly for protein purposes and because it helps make it taste smoother.
If you try out the smoothie let me know. I love the taste and I find that it just helps me jumpstart my morning. If you have holy grail smoothie recipes you enjoy, share in the comments. Take Care!
All photos are courtesy of Unsplash